Each year the Mississippi Music Educators Association is pleased to honor two outstanding music educators. These recipients are nominated by their fellow teachers who are members of MMEA. In addition to the application, the following information is required to complete each nominee’s portfolio.
Deadline: February 1st
Guidelines for Nominations
The nominator will provide:
- Personal Letter of Recommendation (Should reflect firsthand exposure to the nominee. Only professional and pertinent anecdotes should be included. Statements of religious affiliation, partisan activity, and personal/family information should not be included.
- Three Letters of Recommendations from the following sources: administration (if applicable), colleagues, parents and students.
Nominator may include the following:
- Education and employment history
- Honors, achievements, and community involvement
- Activities of students
- Statement of Philosophy and goals for teaching in the future (if applicable)
The nomination process is online. You may contact Nancy Robertson for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org