The Choral Art Festival was instituted in 1995 to provide a positive and helpful non-adjudicated festival experience for Choral programs in the state. Directors may choose participation at Choral Art instead of their District Festival. Directors also have the discretion to bring selected groups to the festival that they feel are not ready for District Festival participation. Your choir will receive helpful suggestions from well-respected judges in a non-threatening and non-competitive atmosphere. Judges provide written comments of performances. One or more judge will work with each choir or ensemble following their performance.
Choral Art Festival is an annual event jointly sponsored by the Mississippi Music Educators Association and the Mississippi High School Activities Association.
- Date: TBA
- Location: Brownstone Performing Arts Center, Poplarville, MS
- Registration – Directors are asked to register choirs first, then ensembles. Choirs may have any of the following voice combinations: SATB, SSAB, SAB, SSA, SA, TTBB, TBB, or TTB.
- Eligibility – All singers music be deemed eligible by MHSAA (see the MHSAA Choral Information Manual online at www.misshsaa.com)
- Repetoire – Selections that are performed may be selected from the MS Prescribed Music List. Non-list selections may be performed with approval from the Festival Director or your Mentor.
- Judges – will include experienced, seasoned instructors capable of offering valuable help to participating choirs/ensembles.
For more information contact:Andy Smigielski, MMEA High School Division, President-Elect
215 Old Hwy 49 East
Brooklyn, MS 39425
firstname.lastname@example.org MMEA High School Division, President-Elect