Call for Proposals:
Research Projects on Music Education Issues
One proposal will be funded up to $10,000. The project is to be completed by November of 2020.
Budget: A stipend of up to $10,000 will be awarded to the grant recipient to be used solely in support of the project. Proposed budgets should designate funds for evaluation and dissemination of outcomes.
Submission Procedure: Submit the proposal via the OpenConf platform
by October 1, 2019. Only submissions through the portal will be accepted for consideration.
- General Information
- Proposal Title
- Abstract (150 words)
- Author 1 details
- Author 2 details
- Principal investigator
- Additional investigators as needed
- Proposal (not to exceed four single-spaced pages)
- Purpose of the project including rationale
- Description of design and procedure
- Plan for data analysis
- Plan for evaluation and dissemination
- Potential contribution of outcomes to the advancement of knowledge in music education
- Why this proposed research should be funded by NAfME
- Itemized Budget
- Principal and co-investigators’ abbreviated curriculum vitae combined into one single .pdf for uploading to the application platform (not to exceed three pages per researcher)
Decision Process: The SRME Executive Committee will select a proposal, through a peer-review process, for nomination to the NAfME National Executive Board. Applicants will be notified of the decision by December 15, 2019.
Final Report: A final report (APA style), a 150-word abstract, and a 750-word executive summary must be submitted to the SRME Executive Committee Chair no later than November 1, 2020. NAfME reserves the right to publish a summary of the results in NAfME journals, press releases, newsletters and on the NAfME website.