NAfME invites you to a conversation with the legendary Wynton Marsalis, Jazz at Lincoln Center Managing and Artistic Director, who will answer your questions about jazz, teaching, the role of music education in school, the importance of the arts in our culture . . . whatever you want to ask! Questions submitted through the webinar chat will be moderated by Todd Stoll, Vice President of Education at Jazz at Lincoln Center. This webinar is presented at no charge as part of the NAfME Professional Learning Community webinar series.
Register now for these upcoming webinars by clicking on each title:
- May 27, 4 PM ET – “Promoting and Preserving Your Music Program during COVID-19 Times” with Mary Wagner and Jenna Day
- May 28, 4 PM ET – “Moving Music Online: Successful Models and Advice” with John Mlynczak and Patrick Benson
- May 28, 7 PM ET – “Leadership at the Local Level: Make Your Voice Heard” with NAfME President Kathleen D. Sanz, NAfME Immediate Past President Denese Odegaard, and NAfME Presidents-Elect Mackie Spradley and Scott Sheehan
- May 29, 1 PM ET – “Music across the Disciplines: Distance Learning Resources” with Christine Nick and Joshua Zarbo
- June 2, 4 PM ET – “Walking the Talk: Working with Administrators during COVID-19 and Beyond” with Leyla Sanyer
- June 3, 2 PM ET – “Why Should I Care about Advocacy?” with Lynn Brinckmeyer
- June 4, 11 AM ET – “Music Advocacy: Moving from Survival to Vision” with John Benham
June 4, 4 PM ET – “Advocating for Music Education Utilizing Social-Emotional Learning” with Scott Edgar and Bob Morrison
At the conclusion of most presentations, a professional development certificate of completion will be available for all interested viewers. Certificates will generally be available both for live attendees as well as those referencing the recording. Certificates will be automatically generated upon successful completion (75% or higher) of a 5-question true/false and/or multiple-choice quiz.
Live webinar attendance is limited. Attendees will be added to the webinar on a first-come, first-served basis. Recordings will be made available as quickly as possible. You can also view past webinars here.